Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Early starts

5:30 AM. Why is there even a 5:30 AM? I really only need the afternoon version, yet for some reason, I'm awake at 5:30 in the morning these days. Doesn't seem to matter what time I've gone to be, 10, midnight, 1 - I'm wide awake and staring at those numbers on my clock radio the next day.
I remember when I was young, my dad was always an early riser. He'd get up about 6 and go sit in his chair and catch up on his reading. He'd always be there if I ever dragged myself up extra early to watch my cartoons.
Maybe it's just something with getting older - the body rebels against sleep. I used to love sleeping in till noon. Can't even remember the last time I did that. These days, 9 is sleeping in.
I guess this might be something to get used to. Oh well - at least I have plenty to read.

No comments: