Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Good old France...

Does anyone know if the French still have a 35 hour work week?
If you ask me, it's a fantastic idea - maybe a little hard for a company to schedule around, but personally, I love the idea of only working 4 days a week. I'd work an extra couple hours a day to get that extra day off.
The question is...if you only had to work 4 days a week - which day of the week would you not want to work?
I'm thinking Friday or Monday are the obvious choices. But which? If you weren't at work on Friday's you'd miss out on all that coworker bonding that happens at the end of the week - the post-work beer. But having Monday off almost seems kind of anti-climatic. What really goes on on Mondays other than laundry? Maybe a good Wednesday off. Two 2-day weeks.

My plan for world domination will have to wait until I figure this one out.

No comments: