Sunday, July 8, 2007

Needed: Cure for Idiocy

Sometimes my brain makes me sad.

Usually I'm plenty simple without the encouragement of alcohol - so adding a beer or two can sometimes lead unfortunate slow downs in brain activity. I'm sure MRIs would prove interesting to look at.
Usually my idiocy takes the form of thinking up that witty retort or comeback at least 30 minutes too late.
What's worse is being slow on the appreciation of good things.
Life's nearly perfect moments are too uncommon to waste when they're happening.

Here's hoping my brain's more awake for the next one...

1 comment:

Cookie Everman said...

Don't beat yourself up, Darling. Life's gorgeous moments are meant to be fleeting. You're not being an idiot; you were just not fully aware/awake. You'll know better next time.