Friday, January 25, 2008

Robert Burns

It's time to let your inner scotsman out - it's Robbie Burns day!(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burns_supper)

Robert Burns was the man who gave us Auld Lang Syne and is responsible for such poetic turns as:
'Gude ale keeps my heart aboon!' and 'Johnie lad, Cock up your beaver'.

Never one to shy away from slightly more risque material, he also gave us;

'Come rede me dame, come tell me dame, My dame come tell me truly, What length o' graith when weel ca'd hame will sair a woman duly? The carlin clew her wanton tail, Her wanton tail sae ready, l learn'd a sang in Annandale, nine inch will please a lady.'

So head out tonight and tilt a glass for that olde randy scotsman.

4 comments:

Jensies said...

so how're you feeling post-Burns night?

BioKeith said...

At least I've stopped talking in a scottish accent...

Cookie Everman said...

Child, please. You only did the accent when you read Burns' poem aloud. That hardly counts as "talking".

BioKeith said...

You didn't come out with us later. All the ladies liked my scottish accent....or at least that's what I kept telling myself.