Thursday, February 15, 2007

Workmares

I love dreams. They're like a free trip to the movies. Even if you've done nothing fun all day, you can at least look forward to some self-generated entertainment at night. (not that kind! Get your mind out of the gutter) Sure, sometimes they can be strange and unfathomable but being free, who are we to complain.

I have a friend who used to work at a restaurant called the Keg as a waiter. When he was working a lot of shifts, he'd occaisionally have these waiter nightmares he used to call 'kegmares'. He'd be dropping dishes, forgetting orders, spilling drinks, generally the kind of things that make a waiters life hell.

Now, seeing as I make video games, I occaisionally have fun dreams. Last night I was in the midst of some science fiction adventure. Whatever I was saying, people around me were getting mad, and...just like in a video game, I wanted to redo the action. I had been walking in this large sewer and I became aware that swirling in the water beneath my feet were all the different dialog choices that I could make. But after saying something different, my perception became all screwed up - like seeing a movie shot with bad camera angles. Shortly after - I woke up and listened to Art Bell for an hour.

Fortunately my cameras are working much better today.

No comments: