Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ghosts and Goblins

This is the first year in ages that I haven't handed out candy for Halloween.
Kind of makes me sad.
I miss the days of running around the neighbourhood with a small bucket - hurrying back home to empty it when it was full and running out again - cursing all of those older smarter kids who were carrying around pillow cases. We'd come home and dump everything into a big pile in the middle of our living room. My parents would 'sort' out the ones we were allowed to have - and I'm sure sample a few themselves. But most of the loot would be saved for the next day at school where you could compare your haul with the rest of your friends.

At least there were a lot of people dressed up around work today (and there even was a little parade of kids between offices too).

Happy Halloween everyone...

1 comment:

Jensies said...

Who won the costume contest??