Friday, June 22, 2007

The name game

So here at work we have 6 Andrews (plus an Andre and an Andreas), 14 Chris', 8 Dans and 11 Johns - not to mention 3 Keiths.

Growing up - it always pissed me off to come across someone else with my name. It was always like - 'what are you doing with my name, dude - you're stealing some of my individuality.'
Even worse, for some reason, was a guy who had my last name as his first name and my first name as his last.
Never liked that guy.

Then when you grow up and start dating, you always seem to go through a cycle of dating girls with the same name. That also is somehow annoying (and slightly confusing). Some of my dumber friends have even dated multiple girls with the same name at the same time. Never try to answer the phone for a friend like that - you just get in trouble...

Am I the only one that is annoyed by stolen names?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you think that's bad, consider that whenever people meet me, they think my name is cute, but only because they had a DOG named Cookie. -- your friend in the office next door