Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Famous Predictions

Considering it was movie-night last night, I thought I'd share a quote from a famous relative of mine who once said...

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" -- H. M. Warner, co-founder of Warner Brothers, 1927.

Yes - my family has never been famous for it's prescience. Amongst other things we've done - sold off land in Hawaii back at the turn of the century (since who the hell would want to live where it's so damn hot). Sold off Goldbar farm (http://ecrcm.fanweb.ca/toolbox/farming.htm) (which wouldn't be worth anything today).
Not to mention my own track record when it comes to investments ('Bah, that Google will never be worth anything - have you seen their webpage?', or women ('yeah, she's perfect for me')

Of course, old H.M. might have been right when it comes to some actors, but I'll leave that discussion for another movie night.

For some more light reading on other brilliant folk, check out the good old wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failed_predictions

No comments: