Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hello? Summer? You still out there?

As I emerge blinking into the unfamiliar sunshine, after being cooped up for the last six months, I find myself unsure of what to do. Like someone sticking their foot in an icy stream and then pulling it out in shock. What does one do when you have time for a life? It's been so long I hardly remember.

Fringe just ended last weekend - a sure sign that summer in Edmonton is nearly done and fall is on the way. The labour day football games are next week. I've just skipped an entire season.

I guess that's ok, though. I've always liked autumn. Nice and cool in the mornings, still warm enough in the afternoons to get outside and enjoy it - and then cool enough in the evenings to bring out some heavier clothes that have been pushed to the back of the closet for the summer.

The river valley is beautiful (for the two weeks when the leaves have changed colours before falling to the ground and leaving a barren wasteland). The farmer's markets are full with produce from the harvest. The University is back in session (with its accompanying crop of beautiful women back in town).

Bring on the autumn, I say...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not so soon i say