Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moms

You know, it doesn't matter how old you get - it's still nice to know your mom loves you.

My mom knows I've been stuck at work quite late the last little while. I asked her to let some repair guys in to my new place who needed to do some work. When I get home, I found a little note saying the job was done and to look in my fridge. What do I find there but a little turkey-dinner care package.

My mom's in her 80s now and starting to slow down maybe just a little bit.
When I stop to think about it - that's a little scary. I'm not a big fan of the whole loss and death thing, but I'm not seeing any way around it eventually. I have a friend who's being confronted with this whole issue right now and I have no solutions for her. No easy way to get by, get through, go on.

Anyways - just wanted to say, 'thanks mom...'

No comments: