Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Cleaning

I'm not a big clothes guy, but I am in desparate need of some new items for the old wardrobe. Half of what I'm wearing is company swag and most of the rest has been around for a little too long (you know it's bad when you look in old photos and see the same clothes you're still wearing). Time for a little shopping trip, methinks.
So a friend of mine told me a little rule - if you buy something new, you have to chuck out something old. Your wardrobe should be a rotation. Out with the old, in with the new.
(Actually, I think she got this from Oprah, but I won't blame her for that).
Makes sense to me - I've got so much old stuff I no longer wear, it's ridiculous. Might as well donate it to someone who might actually need it.
So there's my spring resolution - a purge of the clothes closet.
Now why don't I get as ruthless with the rest of the boxes of crap that seem to follow me around from move to move? You might tell me that posterity won't be needing any of my old school papers, but hey - who knows what my biographer might find there.

No comments: