Monday, March 5, 2007

Whatever happened to the future?

I love to read. My favorite time to read is right before falling asleep. The problem with this comes when I'm in the middle of a really good book. Then I end up with the 'just-one-more-chapter' syndrome and end up awake till two in the morning.
What I hate is when I've run out of books to read - then I end up either listening to Art Bell and having strange conspiracy theory dreams or worse yet...going to sleep at a decent hour.
What I need is a pneumatic tube system that connects up to the library. When I run out of reading material, press a button and - pffffooppt - new book.
Whatever happened to the dream of pneumatic tubes connecting everything? Not only would it have been way more efficient - think of the fun we all could have had. Who wouldn't want to travel to work via pneumatic tube? Don't feel like walking down to the cafeteria? Pffffooppt - lunch in a tube.
Man, I miss the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatic_tube

No comments: